Monday, November 12, 2007

novel ?... novelty

This idea of cell phone art doesn't attract me very much. I think that using a cell phone to take a what is essentially a snap shot, isn't really the same as composing an image with a camera. I don't think that cell phone's provide you enough control over the camera and image that you're making, which only allows for a small variation of images. I think that using cell phones takes away from the process of composing a photograph. The low resolutions and relatively poor quality that results in cell phone pictures doesn't really interest me. I think that using a camera that has been consolidated into a phone, seemingly for instant gratification and ease of usage, doesn't really interest me. I feel like it takes away from thought processes in conceiving a picture, and simply provides a tool to capture the moment or something aesthetically pleasing or humorous. I don't think that it has much potential to be much more than a novelty.

No comments: