Tuesday, November 27, 2007

weiss

I think that the composition in Weiss's pictures is really interesting. I like how he uses a shallow depth of field and where he focuses in the images. His use of natural lighting is really impressive. I thin that 'piano' is a really lonely and dramatic picture. The Cathedral in 'San Marco' is incredible, it doesn't even look real. I think pictures like 'rainy day' and 'man in glasses' are beautifully dramatic. I am really drawn to his pictures of people. They are kind of distant portraits because he forces the subjects to interact and engage with him, with a few exceptions. He seems to capture a certain essence about them, sometimes through giving them action, and other times with their dress or expression. I like how he fills the frame and uses the positive and negative space eloquently. His eye tremendous, and its fascinating how he is able to capture such interesting people and places with such expression and composition.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you spelled think wrong